Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I am so thankful for my husband and my boys. They are the greatest. I am also thankful that my family was able to come down and celebrate the holiday with us. I love you all so much:) What a great day! So much food. Tons of fun. Great memories. Karin and I made shirts for all the guys that said Happy Thanksgiving on them. Then we traced the boys hands and made turkeys out of the handprints. They turned out so cute. I think we may continue that tradition in the future. On the menu today we had: a 20lb turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, carrots and rutabegas (my absolute favorite dish), my dad's stuffing, yams (both regular and candied), butternut squash, Chad's homemade cranberry sauce (plus the can stuff for my Dad and Michelle) and rolls. For dessert we had Cherry pie, Apple pie and a chocolate chip cheesecake. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. It was delicious and could not have been a better day! I hope everyone else had a happy holiday as well.


Nicholas and Jacob in their new shirts.
My family getting the table ready for dinner.
Chad in his new shirt.
Chad and Ross. The shirts were meant to be a joke but I think everyone really liked them.
All the guys in the new shirts.

Nicholas trying to sneak a bite!
All of us getting ready to eat.
Jacob and his daddy very excited to finally eat dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment