Saturday, October 2, 2010

Apple Picking at Bowman's Orchard. Sept. 29, 2010

On Wednesday, Nicholas had a field trip to Bowman's Orchard to go apple picking. Jacob and I went with him and we all had so much fun. First we got to go on this hayride from the parking area to the orchard. Then we took a quick tour of where they wash and store the apples. After that all the kids got a small bag so they could pick their own apples. These bags could hold between 4 to 5 apples each. Nicholas and Jacob got a little ahead of themselves and picked more than we could hold. There was a pumpkin patch next to the orchard that the kids got to play in for a few minutes. Nicholas wanted me to buy a pumpkin but since I was out of hands to hold things I told him some other time. Next we had snack. The boys each got a cider doughnut and some apple cider. Then to finish up the trip the kids got to play on this awesome playground that had a tractor, fire engine and a train made out of wood. I think Jacob was so excited to play with other kids and not be home alone with mommy. The kids played for about 45 minutes and then we went home. Jake fell asleep in the car before we got out of the parking lot. Nicholas could not stop talking about how much fun he had. A bonus for me.......Nicholas was such a big helper for me the rest of the day. There were times I was like "WOW!! I can't believe this." For anyone who knows Nicholas you know that he is a pretty big helper anyway BUT that day I didn't have to repeat myself or explain why something needed to be done. He just wanted to help me and spend time with me. He is such a sweet kid. Both kids fell asleep that night and not once did they whine or get out of bed for anything. It was such a great day and I'm so glad the boys loved it too.




There were a few apples that got bites taken out of them.

Jake sat here for probably close to 10 minutes just looking at the kids playing.
Nicholas insisted on finding himself the perfect pumpkin.He had to show me how strong he was.



Nicholas climbed all the way to the top.
Jake was having so much fun on this fire engine.


he really liked the animals we got to see there. A baby calf and a baby goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment