Monday, April 18, 2011

Nicholas turns 5!!! April 17, 2011

Today my little boy turned 5. I can NOT believe it has been 5 years. Time is flying!! He is growing up so fast. I woke him up this morning around 7am wishing him a happy birthday. He woke up suddenly very excited. Then he said "I'm getting old and will have grey hair soon." He cracks me up. I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. Then because Chad and I couldn't wait until after church we gave him his present. He had to find it in our room. He uncovered a bike!!! He was so excited. He had been telling us he wanted a bike and to throw him off we said we would have to talk to Santa and see if he could get one for Christmas. We had every intention of buying him one though. He was so excited he rode it through our dining room and into the kitchen a few times. Now Jake wants one for his birthday too. Then we went to church. The primary sang Happy Birthday to him which he was happy about. After church we had just a little family party with my 2 sisters and brother in law. He is having his big party for everyone in 2 weeks. On Friday he had his 5 year doctor check up. Everything was great. He weighs 38lbs and is 42 inches tall. He had to get one shot and did great. No crying or anything. He just said that he was so strong that the needle didn't even hurt him. He is very excited for kindergarten next year. I just can't believe how fast he is growing up. Happy Birthday Nicholas. We love you and are so proud of the young man you are becoming.










2 comments:

  1. He is getting so big! What a cutie too. Tennyson turned five back in November, and we too, bought him a bike for his birthday. We told him he'd have to wait until Christmas too, but was totally thrown off when he got it for his birthday. I know what you mean, it's crazy to think they are 5 already! Where does the time go???

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so grown up!! I swear he has gained a foot since we moved. Happy birthday Nicholas! And congrats on having such adorable boys. :)

    ReplyDelete