Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nicholas' 5th Birthday Party April 30, 2011

We celebrated Nicholas' 5th birthday on April 30. We had our extended family come over and we all had a great time. Nicholas loves the solar system. I'm not exactly sure when that happened but he knows a lot about it and even asked if that could be the theme of his birthday this year. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I made the cake on Friday and Chad and I (with the help from my sister Cathy) decorated it on Friday night. I was in bed by 10pm! That never happens the night before my kids parties. I am always up until 2 or 3 am finishing it up. First I had to bake all the different planets using different size bowls. Then I made the sun and the background cake and put it together. The best part was that Nicholas LOVED it!! Thankfully the day was sunny so the kids could play outside. We had a Sun pinata (even though the thought of having more candy in our house not even a week after Easter made me feel dizzy) which the kids loved. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted probably just because we were outside enjoying the weather. We ended with cute outer space gift bags with all the solar system things I could find (not a whole lot actually.) We all had a great time and he got some great gifts that he has enjoyed playing with. Now that I finally updated my blog maybe I should start on the thank you cards:)





My two trouble makers;)


He made that shirt with my sister almost 3 years ago. I thought it would match the theme well.

No comments:

Post a Comment