Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning 2009

We had such a great Christmas this year. My sister Cathy came down early Christmas Eve morning. Nicholas was so excited to go to the train station to pick her up. He thought we were going to go on a train to get her but he was still excited even when I told him that wasn't the case. Then later that day Chad made a gingerbread house with the boys. Jake pretty much just ate the candy. A tradition in our home is to open one present on Christmas eve. Both boys got new pajamas. Chad and I also got each other a pair and Cathy got a pair of Christmas socks. After getting changed into our pj's I had Nicholas help me frost the cookies we were leaving for Santa. We got out our special Christmas plate and filled it up. Christmas morning started at approximately 5:15am. My boys NEVER get up that early. They were so excited we let them open 1 gift and play in their room while we went back to "sleep" until 7am. (By "sleep" I mean the boys coming in every few minutes to ask if its time yet.) I wish I had more pictures of us opening our presents but our memory card became full after just a few. Nicholas LOVED the quilt I made him and although he knew about it (because he saw me working on it the last few months) he was surprised that it was finally finished. Jake got kind of bored after the first few presents. He had more fun playing with the wrapping paper and boxes. Chad got a few books on cd he'd been asking for and I got the first 2 books of Twilight and the 1st Harry Potter book so now I have the 2 series complete. It was so great having Cathy there with us. We had such a nice day together and hope everyone had a Merry Christmas as well :)

New Pajamas
Our Christmas plate
Christmas cookies
Yum!!

Cathy with her Christmas Socks.
Chad and the boys gingerbread house.
Our tree (which looks like its leaning but it wasn't. I think its just the angle.)
Christmas morning.
Chad passing out presents and the boys waiting patiently to open them.

Chad and I on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment